Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Skagit Valley Tulip Festival




We went on a great trip this past weekend to Mount Vernon, WA, for the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. At this festival there are many fields of tulips, daffodils, and irises. The festival also has all kinds of events for children and adults, but we didn't participate in any because of the short time we had. We left Pasco Friday morning and came back Saturday afternoon. "We" consisted of Jason, myself, Lauren, Brenda, Elaine, and Elaine's dog Scout. It was snowing really hard in Seattle when we drove through. Throughout the time we were there we experienced more snow, more rain, and little sunshine. Our luck with little sunshine came Friday evening, so we took advantage of it and went and walked around some tulip fields. Then Saturday morning it was just overcast while we were at Tulip Town. It was definitely colder than we had hoped, but not miserable.
I am so impressed with that area of Washington. When I played basketball at the University of Alaska Anchorage, we'd just pass through to Bellingham and up into Canada for our games, and then back down to Seattle. I remember thinking how beautiful it was, but I didn't fully know until now. I can't wait to go again next year.

9 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

The fields and fields of tulips are beautiful. I've never actually seen a sight like this in person. What a fun trip.
Britton especially liked looking at the pictures of Lauren.

Julie said...

Wow! Gorgeous Catherine. What a great place to get some really cool pictures!

Anonymous said...

Those fields of tulips are BEAUTIFUL!! I'm glad you put a slid show on so I can see all the pretty flowers. Thanks for sharing.
Bye bye.

Jan said...

Catherine, that slide show was just beautiful. That is some of my favorite country. I want to retire there. My parents just returned from there as well. Basketball huh? I didn't know that about you. Thats why the girls went to the church. I get it. I said some nice things about you today on my tag questions. I can be nice sometimes you know :). Have a great day with your little daughter.

Lauren said...

That is awesome! So beautiful. I can't believe how much Lauren looks like Jason (only cuter). The picture of the two of them is so cute. What a great family:)

Deborama said...

WOW I love those pictures! I want to go take pictures there! How far away is it?

Sharr said...

that is so beautiful!! i had no idea there was somewhere here that looked like that! (i'm so uneducated!) how pretty! i like your slide shows too! i love to see pictures :o) i'm very snoopy lol..

Fullmer Family said...

What a BUTT!! I'm up here under two feet of snow and you are rolling around in the tulips!! Geesh!!
Just kidding, those pictures are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! But not as gorgeous as you!! Glad you finally got these on there Dorcas! :) xoxox

Karen Brown said...

Wow! GREAT PICTURES! Looks like fun. Love ya, Karen