Catherine, Anne, and StephanieAbout four years ago I was an employee at The Lawn Company in Boise, Idaho. Each summer break during my college career I'd return to my spot as a crew member, which consisted of two to three people. I'm not the only one in my family that worked there. Stephanie was hired there first, then my other sister Anne, followed by me, and finally Jason. I guess it doesn't end there, Jason's sister Elaine also worked there for a short period of time.
My days consisted of mowing, trimming, edging and blowing off the sidewalk, and pulling weeds at residential and commercial properties. It was a rewarding job because there was always an improvement after each lawn was finished. I often find myself looking back and for a split second wishing that I was doing it again. But then, all the memories come flashing back...hot weather, my hair getting caught in tree branches, rocks flipping up and hitting my legs, wet grass clogging up the mower, being green from head to toe after cleaning out the clogged mower, getting my leg weed-"whacked" by Stephanie, getting the lawn mower stuck in a pond, breaking Mrs. Robertson's light, breaking the tetherball pole (which I didn't do Dan)...the list goes on and on. Surprisingly, these are all good memories now, and I would do it all over again.
Lawn Co.'s future employee? She seems to know how to run the equipment and she looks very content...
+231.jpg)
Jason, Lauren, and I stopped by Lawn Co. the last time we were down in Boise. Stephanie and Dan, the owner of Lawn Co., only wanted to see Lauren, not me and Jason.Truthfully, Lawn Co. is the #1 lawn company in Boise! This is turning into an advertisement, so Dan, I better be getting a check in the mail.
+247.jpg)
5 comments:
That is a huge piece of equipment Catherine, I am impressed. Sounds like a lot of work, but now good memories. I am so glad to know you. I really just think your tops. Take Care and have fun with little Lauren this weekend. And she does look so cute on that seat.
Happy Moms Day Weekend....
Ok Catherine, I am here to make your dreams come true. I've got lots of grass and weeds that you are welcome to :)
Now I know why Lauren and Britton have so much fun, they both find enjoyment sitting on lawn mowers.
She's getting too big! Send little Lauren down here for a while.. I've got Dustin on lots of projects and he's been neglecting our lawn.
Ahhh Lawn Co!! Oh how I LOVED those stories as we would exchange emails back and forth during the summer!! You are so funny Thurn!! I miss you. Maybe you and Jason should move up here and start your own Lawn Co. I don't know how much it would make as you can only mow lawns, etc for about 4months of the year! On the other hand, you'd get a lot of time off!! :) Ha ha...Happy Mother's Day yesterday. love ya.
Catherine, call me today after l.
Thanks Jan..
Post a Comment