I have been meaning to do this post for several days now. Just 77 years ago, Wallace Fielding was born on May 26, 1931 in Idaho, to Wallace Aroet and Anna Penola Dayley. He was a 12 lb baby!!! His mother said the robins were singing in celebration of his birth! I'd say his mother was singing in celebration too, after getting through a labor like that...that is, if she had the strength to celebrate!This picture is of my dad in his younger years. My parents still live in the exact place this picture was taken.
Look at the cars in the background!!

This picture was taken on March 3, 1951, when my dad was serving a mission in the Northern States Mission, which included Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, and part of Nebraska. He served in Illinois and Wisconsin. What a handsome young missionary he is!
Truly, I have the greatest dad.
He is a quiet man, but has a sense of humor that makes all of us laugh. He is honest and hard-working. Plus, I've never heard him cuss.
I admire so many things about him, but the one thing that is very special to me is when I see him on his knees praying before going to bed each night. What a great example he is to me forever!
I love my dad!
(Mom and Dad at the City of Rocks, Idaho, July 2006)
8 comments:
Beautiful post Catherine, about your folks. They must be awesome, because you are pretty awesome..
Sorry I got a little frazzled, but you can understand. And everything turned out just fine. Yeah. In fact, they were even impressed that I got it done and they were expecting pizza delivery. Funny huh.. Oh, and the girls had fun.
I forgot to mention that I absolutely adore your pictures. I see you in your dad..
He is the greatest father ever! You did a great job. Glad you got some pictures. Love you.
Dear Cab, Dad says with a grin, "Greater words have never been spoken!" I say, "We put a lot of work into this, especially the scanning with your help!" Dad really enjoyed all the attention! Love, M and D
Look at your sweet dad's face. I love it, you're lucky to have each other.
I love the picture of you dad as a little boy with the lamb. In reference to the comment you left on my blog: Yes, you need to make a trip to Salt Lake! They're in the process of building a big mausoleum in the Holladay cemetery. And across the way they knocked down the Cottonwood Mall and are going to build an outdoor mall like The Gateway.
todd and i really like your blog background. just thought i'd tell ya! its sto fun love to look at your blog and see your family
Oh, good old Fielding!! Your Dad really is awesome! :)
Post a Comment