Saturday, May 17, 2008

Urban Garden

We have officially started a garden on our patio that consists of: a petunia and a tomato plant. Because we live in an apartment, we don't have the luxury of our own landscapes and rows of vegetables, so we've embraced the urban lifestyle! We just bought the tomato plant last night and have already spent a great deal of time watching it grow, as well as the flower. I have to say, these two plants have spiced up our lives a little.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have fun with your garden. We had a garden inside. It turned out beautiful. I love your background.
Bye bye.

Sharr said...

(like the new summery look :o)) we also have an "urban garden" and we even have a backyard lol... we have 4 tomato plants and a strawberry plant. it's very exciting to watch them grow. i just picked a tomato this morning and it's such a good feeling :o) lol... who new plants could be so exciting lol :o) it's a little harder to garden here in AZ--the sunshine isn't exactly your friend-- but on the plus side, we can also plant again in october lol ;o)

Debie Spurgeon said...

So, you're feeling spicy these days. I'm laughing because it is so true that these things we do for our homes really do make a big difference. I cut some flowers from outside tonight and brought them inside, and I'm loving it so I can only imagine what a tomato plant is doing for you.
At least if we have to start living off our food storage soon, you'll have some tomatoes to put on your cannery items.

Jan said...

You guys are doing a great job. Love the tomato plant. I know how little things can bring such a spice to life. Love it. And the new background is adding alot of spice too..

Julie said...

Hey there! Yes, it is hotter than heck here. I planted our flower garden today :) I also bought some tomato plants today and some zucchini. I should put them in pots like you did since we will be moving in July! You are such a smart girl dorcas pap brown! Did you do your own background? Getting mighty fancy, I love it!

Young Family said...

Ha Ha looks just like my patio!

Megan Zurcher said...

I'm glad you always comment on my blog. I can't even get people in my own family to comment that much. Love the garden!

Lauren said...

Happy gardening! We love it. One tomato plant is plenty. Dustin planted like 100 and now I've gotta get busy canning. Plus you have less weeds to pick!