Monday, September 14, 2009

Quick Road Trip

We took a quick trip this past weekend. We headed up to Cheney, WA, for the night and stayed in this Holiday Inn Express. I took a picture of the hotel because it has Oakley Stone on the outside and throughout the inside. I'm always proud to see Oakley Stone because it comes from my hometown.
The next day we drove north of Coeur d' Alene to see our nephew, Joel, run in a cross country meet for the Rocky Mountain Grizzlies.
GO JOEL!

We even got a wave and smile!


We're so glad we went up to watch. It was a great weekend. The whole time we were there Lauren didn't say hi or anything to Joel. In this picture she is holding on to me because of Joel. So on the way home, we asked Lauren why she wouldn't say hi. Her response was, "I'm too shy."

Great! My daughter is taking after me.

5 comments:

Fullmer Family said...

I wish I could just ignore people and say "I'm too shy" later...That would be a great life, don't you think? Just fyi, it's not the shyness she's taking after you for, it's the brattiness. :) Ha ha...
I love when you are in the pictures. Great fam!

Fullmer Family said...

Oh yea, and Oakley stone...Oh how I miss our PG fireplace made of Oakley stone...Great memories. I even have great memories going with my dad to get the stone. You were probably off in the distance chasing some animals around the rodeo grounds. Ahhh, memories. :)

Lauren said...

Nice! Like mother like daughter :)

MOLLY said...

sailor is kinda shy with kyle. she just stares at him, but then is nervous when he first takes her from me. its so funny! lauren is getting so old, i love it, such a cutie!!! you look lovely too!!! i love the comment above about you of chasing animals. remember when you caught me my kitty at the rodeo? i loved it so much!

Karen Brown said...

I love this picture and love you guys for going to the meet when we couldn't! This is the best pictures I've seen of Joel in cross country! THANK YOU! As for the little cutie you are holding I hope she stays shy when it comes to GUYS!