Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lauren's Baby Brother

I don't know where to begin with this post. But, alas, a miracle has taken place in our family. Throughout the past three years I wasn't sure if we'd ever have another baby, if it was even possible. Then, there were certain experiences that made me continue to hope that maybe we would. What a rollar coaster of emotions it has been.
In December I found out that I was pregnant. I had no idea, but I was nine weeks when I found out. So, to make a long story short, we had a baby boy on July 9th. He was 8 lbs 15 oz and 21.5 inches long. Like Lauren, we had a boy name picked out long ago. His name is Blake Aroet Brown. Jason and I have always liked the name Lauren, as well as, Blake. Aroet is a family name on my dad's side. His father (my grandpa) was named Wallace Aroet and my great great grandpa's name was Aroet. The way to pronounce Aroet is "uh row it".
Now that Lauren is 5 1/2 years old, it has been like having a first baby all over again. I have forgotten a lot, but am learning and remembering as I go. Boys are a lot different than girls that is for sure! We've experienced more mishaps when changing diapers and giving baths. We are definitely learning to speed through both of those procedures before any accidents occur, but they still occur. Blake has been a good baby and has gained a pound already. He loves to eat and will let you know when he is hungry. Lauren just loves him to death. A little too much maybe, but I'd rather her love him then not. She is a good helper and she is his mom too. I told her she could be the mom at night, but she didn't agree to that.
Here are some pictures from the first few days after he was born. We are so thankful to have Blake in our family!
I wasn't able to get this picture to turn upright, but this was taken the day after he was born.

My sister was able to come up and watch Lauren while we were in the hospital.
 So glad she was there.
My parents came up for a few days as well.

We finally made it home. He loves to sleep too.


Lauren always wants to be where Blake is.
Blake looks just like Lauren when she was a baby.




5 comments:

Sheri said...

We were just talking the other day thinking it was getting close. SO happy for you guys!! Hope we get to meet him soon!

Diana said...

Congrats!! Such a cutie! Darling kids!!!

Anonymous said...

I had NO IDEA! Congratulations to you and your family! I'm so happy for you! He sure is cute!

MOLLY said...

oh he is just perfect!!! i'm so happy for you!!! yay! i'll admit, i was a little surprised to open your blog and see a teeny baby. i had heard you were pregnant, but had no idea when you were due. i tried to email you a while back when i heard the news, do you have a new email address? let me know!! congratulations!

Lauren said...

Oh his adorable!! Congrats on your little miracle!