+279.jpg)
Lauren is in nursery now. Unbelievable! The time has gone by slowly, but yet, so fast. She started last week and it seemed to go pretty well. However, a little boy started crying; therefore, Lauren started crying and she wouldn't stop until she was back with me. This week I was a little nervous. She has become somewhat shy and has started to cling to my legs when other people are around. After sacrament, I took her hand, which I still have to bend down to hold because she is so short, and we started down the hall through the crowd of people. The nursery d
oor was open and other children were already inside. Immediately, Lauren dropped her hand from mine, and practically ran right in. I was out of there in a flash in case she changed her mind. I'm not sure how she did in there today. I think there was some crying, but no one came and got me. So I got to sit through about two hours of church...without interruptions. It has been 18 months of walking out in the hall at some point during church, to finally having one day of pure silence, relaxation, and the chance to really listen to the lessons in their entirety.I took these pictures of Jason and Lauren after church today. I am so happy and grateful for them both.
"Happiness is the object and design of our existence, and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it; and that path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God...If we seek first the kingdom of God, all good things will be added."
-Joseph Smith
18 comments:
This one made me cry. Really. Mainly because of the quote, but I remember how wonderful it is to have your child enjoy nursery. It is a relief. Not only are you able to edified in Gospel Knowledge, she gets to enjoy socializing with others in a very safe and healthy place. And she gets to learn some primary songs and concepts. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy the day at church. That quote a very special place in my heart. I relied on it heavily during Eds conversion. A piece of that is actually in my patriarical (sp) blessing. It helped me to remain strong and realize that by putting the Lord first in all things, that it will have all those things we desire to be added to our lives. And it really worked out. Thanks. And I was in a deep thinking mode yesterday with something heavy on my mind. Usually I am a lot more talky and purky. Sorry I was so serious yesterday. But I enjoyed so much sitting by you. I'm working on the Wednesday walk. Thanks.
Wow that was long :)
Awww, nursery yeah! That is so nice when they do well in there! She is so cute. You guys are such a cute smiley family!
What a huge blessing for Lauren to like nursery. I have every confidence that next week, Britton's first official week, he'll just run right in :)
It makes me a little sad too though because he's just growing so fast and these moments are gone before we know it. I am thrilled that these kids are getting to know each other.
(Kenley said that you may be planning a Activity Day this week or next, let me know if you need anything from me. You know you are always welcome to meet here or drop Lauren off if needed.)
She is growing up.
Bye bye.
That's so fun! She's getting so big. I don't know what happened to Allie she used to love nursery, now she cries and yells "I want to go home" Then Dustin looks at me and says the same thing. I feel like he's one of my children - not the dad sometimes!
WOW I can't believe she is so big! It seems like yesterday you were pregnant with her. I am already counting the months until nursery for Savannah!
Catherine, I was going to call you last night, and by the time I got around to it, it was late. I LOVE that idea of the excercising. That sounds perfect. I have to work until about 12:30, but I will call and see what I need to do. That is perfect. Thanks.
i totally remember the day that my girls went into nursery as being two of the greatest days ever lol... it was so nice to actually be able to be uplifted after such a long time of getting nothing... lol... happy days for you!
Cab, glad you had me sign in--I'm really hi-tech now! This is so fun; I can keep up with all of you.
You are all so cute. Wonderful pictures of you all. Love to you all.
Oh, your poor nursery workers!! Just kidding - I just have to say that 'cuz I'm in nursery...Kill me now!! ps - whenever I see your friends name above, I think Frantic _______...Is this the same person? Hopefully not since I'm writing it on here... :0 (I just took the name out and put an underline, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about... :) Good times! ha ha
I loved your Joseph Smith quote! Awesome! I had a fun time doing your hair yesterday and getting to know you a little bit. We need to get together sometime!
Katie
Tirzah, no it isn't the same person! Besides no one on here is frantic, except for one person and that's my mom!!! Ha ha. :)
Katie, I had a good time as well! You are my new favorite hair stylist!! Thanks so much. I'd love to do something with you.
That made me laugh!! I want to squish your Mom's cheeks!! I miss her cute face!! :)
Lauren is so cute. I'm sure Britton and her will have a great time in nursery.
NO WAY! She can't be that old- so so cute! I am missing her growing up - you need to move closer! Love ya, Karen
I can't believe how old she is. I feel just like andrea that it seems like you were just pregnant with her and we were shopping at baby gap for maternity clothes for you. That was fun. I miss you Catherine. We do have to come and visit.
Post a Comment