Friday, July 18, 2008

Twin Falls, Idaho Temple

My family and I got to go to the open house for the Twin Falls, Idaho Temple. By open house, I mean that everyone, whether a member or not, can go through the temple to see what it looks like inside. Then after the temple is dedicated, only members with a recommend are permitted inside. It was a great experience. The temple is beautiful. This is the closest temple to my hometown, so there was a special feeling.

We had Brother Robbins as our tour guide, who was accompanied by his wife. When they were introduced to us as the Robbins, I couldn't help but stare. I thought to myself, "I think he is related to the Robbins up in Pasco. In fact, if it's who I'm thinking of, we were introduced when he was up there visiting." Sure enough! The Robbins are amazing people. I think the world of them, and so, here we were in Twin Falls, Idaho, with Brother Robbins as my family's tour guide. It's funny how small the world really is.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

How great that you got to go to the Twin Falls Temple open house. That's awesome that you met some other Robbins - they are amazing!

Jan said...

I still can't get over that you met my brother and his wife. They just barely started that calling. I am so excited about that. They love meeting connections. So you made their day. Thanks for taking a chance. So happy you got to see that temple Catherine. Is it pretty? I forgot to ask. But I am sure the answer is yes.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful and glad you had fun.
Bye bye.♥ ;)