+012.jpg)
Jason, Lauren, and I
Elaine and Chris
A view of the upper Palouse Falls and Palouse River.
We hiked down into the canyon to the upper waterfalls. It was less than a mile, so really easy. (I think Lauren was saying a prolonged "Ouch," in this picture.)
I was reading some interesting facts on the Palouse Falls website. I've never heard of the Marmes Rock Shelter until now, but this is what the site had to say. "The Marmes Rock Shelter was the site of a 1968 archeological dig. Geologists unearthed remains of the "Marmes Man." Among the oldest human remains found in the western hemisphere, Marmes Man is estimated to be 10,000 years old. Approximately 1.25 miles upstream from the mouth of the Palouse, a levee surrounds a murky pool below a shallow basalt cave. The remains of at least five individuals were excavated from a fire hearth in the cave."It pays to adventure out. There is always something spectacular to see and so much history to learn. Washington has around 140 state parks. Our plan is to visit as many as we can.
We are down by two!
6 comments:
How fun! We lived in the Palouse area for four years and never made it to the falls. We'll have to go!
Two down 148 to go! That'll give you A LOT to blog about!!
The Marmes Man sounds interesting. I'll have to go look that up!
Glad you guys are doing well :)
Beautiful flowers, beautiful falls, beautiful family! Does that sound like Jeanne or what?! First time I saw the ice cream cone also. You should send it in for an advertisement for DQ! So fun! Love
hmmmm, we need to go, I think I went on a class field trip there in elementary school? :) I love your music!
i dreamed last night that you and i were staying at grandmas house and her piano started playing all by itself. and there was a robber in the neighborhood. doesn't that sound just like something we would be scared of as younger girls?!
This looks like so much fun! I WANNA GO! cute pictures!
Post a Comment