I have not blogged in a long long time...once again.
Time has gone by............and now Lauren is four. So many children are going to preschool at the age of four, but not Lauren. I sometimes feel like I am not doing the right thing by not sending her off to preschool. I know of one person who would be on my side, and that is Dr. Laura. So I must be definitely doing something right.
I'm not against preschool. In fact, next fall we will most likely put her in preschool, since she won't be going to kindergarten for another year and a half.
But, for now I am her teacher. I have to say, I am a strict, but nice teacher. Maybe a little like my mom, who was a junior high school English teacher in my hometown. Luckily, Lauren hasn't learned to come up with any nicknames for me, like my mom's students did. My mom was known as "Goda", which was very clever because it goes well with the last name, Hale. Goda Hale. Get it?
Whatever the case, at least Lauren seems to like me and I like her.
There are so many positive things about not sending her to preschool yet.
1. I get to spend time with her.
2. She isn't learning more bad behaviors than she already knows.
3. I get to teach her what I want her to learn.
For example, we are working on the Pledge of Allegiance:
So far, Lauren is my best student. She might receive an A+ too.
8 comments:
I can't imagine a better teacher than you. Good job on the Pledge Lauren.
We are going to miss you guys, keep blogging so we can keep up to date. (I'll try harder too.)
I loved her Pledge of Allegiance...how cute!! My girls never did preschool either and we did "mom school" just like you do. I totally agree with you and enjoyed those extra few years I had with them. And they liked it as well. It's not the norm here either and most everybody does preschool and they will even start them around age 2!! Crazy! I think it's awesome you're doing that!
I think this is wonderful. I can't imagine sending Colt to preschool this year, next year, or ever. I obviously have some issues (hem, hem.)
I've never done preschool either. I really like just doing stuff w/my kids. Once they go to school, you don't see them much, so having them home as much as possible before school is good....but that's just my opinion. :)
I love spending time with my kids too, and they have so much fun in our home preschool! They think going to "school" is going to college, since Ryan is in school right now. I plan on homeschooling for elementary school at least. I can't let other people have all the fun with my kids yet.
I hate having you in the new stake now! I guess you'll have to come play volleyball so I can see you :) glad I can keep track of your family now through this!
oh catherine, we are totally on the same page and i didn't even know dr. laura would agree. but that makes me feel better. i don't want to send my kids to preschool and i was the only one in the world. my mom didn't send us to preschool and i learned how to read before most everyone in my kindergarten class. i thought times had changed and that i'd have to do it, but i won't, i won't do it!!!
ps, the pledge is darling!! what a cutie. i think she might sound just like here mama did. i think i recognize that voice ;)
Post a Comment