Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ballet + Soccer

Lauren has been dancing around the house since she started walking. I never taught her any moves because I don't know any and I am more than awkward when it comes to any kind of dance. As far as I know, Jason has never showed her any moves either. However, one memory does come to mind, which occurred when Lauren was very young, maybe even before she turned one. I caught my mom teaching her a few ballet stances. I don't know the names of them, but I don't think Lauren has ever forgotten my mom's graceful moves...I told my mom to stop and tried interrupting with some basketball moves. So far, my mom's moves have won because Lauren is in....
BALLET and tap.

(More pictures are to come.)

I am excited that Lauren is in ballet. She knows what she is doing and I really enjoy watching her, but I just had to put her into some kind of sport and this is what she got...
SOCCER
Stretch:
Warm-up:
Stand in line:
Go Lauren Go!!

I can't wait to see what she will do as she gets older. I'm just afraid that I am going to be one of those parents that yells because I sure wanted to on the first day of soccer practice (not just at Lauren, but at the other kids too). I never have the desire to yell during ballet. Maybe a more elegant activity such as ballet is the way to go.

3 comments:

Attitude of Gratitude said...

You look so cute in the post before this one. We have missed reading your updates. Lauren looks so grown up!

Fullmer Family said...

I loved reading your posts! :) Such cute pictures. I love that you have one ballet picture and a ton of soccer. Haha...I would have the same I'm sure. And I love the picture of your family trip, the picture of Lauren stepping in the water is so cute!
And of course, it's fun to see all you crazy Hale girls together. The picture of you all laughing made me laugh. And your sweet mom is as cute as ever! :)

MOLLY said...

she is a doll and so are all of you ladies in the post below. i love and miss you all!