Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Return to Reno

We took a trip over Labor Day weekend to see my sister Anne down in Fallon, Nevada. At first it was just me, Jason, and Lauren that were going. Then, it turned into half the family, with my sister Stephanie and my parents.
Hahaha.
Jason and I were able to return to Reno for a few hours to remember the good ol' days of living there. We walked around UNR. Glad our money went towards improving the campus with new buildings and landscape that we never got to enjoy because Jason graduated before they were all completed. The campus is awesome. We saw a good friend. We drove by all the places we lived. Frightening! We lived in some scary parts of town. It was great to be in Reno. It is amazing how many memories can come to mind when you see things that you haven't thought of since living somewhere.
It was nice to be with family too. We had some good laughs, ate plenty of food and junk, and enjoyed the Boise State/Georgia game.


Wish I knew what we were laughing about here.

It's kind of interesting that we went down there a few weeks before the airplane crashed into the crowd out at the air races at the Reno-Stead Airport. I feel so sorry for those people that were affected by it all. Back when we lived in Reno, I worked for DHL, which is similar to FedEx. I delivered packages around that airport and saw the air races taking place, which was pretty neat. What a tragedy.  

No comments: