We got up to Teancum Timbers, the church campground, and picked out a campsite. All the fun began from there. It started pouring, our brand new tent ripped, Lauren was crying, our dinner wasn't getting cooked...our moods were changing for the worst.Infact, Jason even said he was never going camping again. That says a lot because he came from a camping family!
Once Lauren went to bed and we had some dutch oven potatoes and chicken, our spirits were back up.
+444.jpg)
+447.jpg)
The next morning, Jason was in charge of cooking the bacon for breakfast, and Lauren was hanging out with her friends, Aidan and Kenly. Overall, it was a fun experience. The good will usually outdo the bad, right?
9 comments:
Love the pic of the two munchkins. Wish we would have been there!
Catherine, these are such great pictures. Looks like so much fun. You daughter is so adorable.
Mattie had so much fun yesterday too. The card was great. Thanks.
The ward campout looked so fun. I wanted to go, but my Aunt was over. I needed to spend some time with her. Thanks for sharing.
Bye bye.
That was a fun campout, but I wish the weather had been a tad bit more cooperative.
We survived, so I guess the worry was all for nothing :)
last night was so nice, lucky father and sons! We should have switched weekends with them! :) Fun stuff though.
Haha, that sounds like fun! It reminds me of our trip to South Padre Island. We were so excited to go to the beach and then it rained the whole time. The power was out on the whole island so we ended up going to Mexico and then some guy opened the bathroom door where Jeff was standing and ripped his toenail off....Very interesting trip but it made fun memories. It's hard to go camping with the little ones but it is fun!
What the....
Man, you guys are brave, we haven't dared to camp with CJ yet - but we are excited to try. :) Such cute pictures!
I LOVE the pictures! I will know Lauren but she won't know me! :( What a doll - looks like fun! Love ya! Auntie Karen
I so wish I could have gone! That was the beginning of our vacation. :( I actually love camping (not necessarily when it's cold...or HOT) and I heard a lot of fun things about it. Next time...
Post a Comment