Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"The Walking Group"

Lauren and I have become part of a walking group, which we look forward to each day.
Every morning, (if weather permits), we begin from the parking lot at my place. It started out with just two of us walking, and has grown to four...with three happy boys and one happy girl being pushed along.
We have great conversations, from gas/food prices to childbirth...go figure! Whenever there is something interesting to see, the kids are all lined up with a view of their own.
The walks have been awesome and a lot of fun, as well as the company I am with. So if any of you Pasco women(or any of you Alaska, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Nevada, Texas, or Arizona women for that matter) want to come join us, here is your invitation! You can bring your children like us, or your dog, or anything else you like to walk!

(From right to left: Lauren, Aidan, Brennan, and Colton)


Some-
times Jason and I go on walks in the evenings too.
It is fun to go with Lauren because she enjoys our walks and being outside so much. At the end, she likes to walk with us. She tends to take her time because she has to investigate every rock or weed. So, we are constantly saying, "Come on, Lauren, let's go!" Then, when she is ready to go, she is in a dead sprint, and it is sometimes hard to catch up to her. So, we are constantly saying, "Wait! Slow down Lauren!"
No matter how fast or slow we go, all these walks make good memories.


12 comments:

Debie Spurgeon said...

Yes, the kids might be having fun but the necessary part of the walking group is the mom's social interaction. That's really cool Catherine that you have that. It's always more fun to walk and talk too.

Jan said...

Can I bring Bentley? Would that count? That is the coolest picture. I love it. So glad that you have this walking group. How fun. You have it all now, a tomato growing, a flower blooming, a smart kid operating and now a group of women for some good excercise and fun.

Thanks for the fun photo and roll onward..

Jan said...

Your funny. Thanks for including Bentley in the fun run.... That made my day..

Anonymous said...

I agree with my mom. I want to bring Bentley. It will be so much fun.
Bye bye.

jeanne said...

What a cute idea for a blog and what darling little children! We love having a "glimpse" of your lives. . . almost as if we're there too. Love, M and D

Attitude of Gratitude said...

YEAH for our fun group. Darn this weather stopping us. Hopefully Monday will find us back out there!

Julie said...

Isn't it fun to go for walks with other people?!? I go with my friend Julie all the time and her kids. It's nice to be able to take your time and look at things, Enjoy the ride!

Lauren said...

The ZOOPER! That is a good stroller. But don't you wish you were still cruisin it in the ghetto with me?

Jodi said...

I just found your blog through Hillary's - I guess you could say I'm doing a little "stalking" today (although, can you call it that if I'm commenting?). Looks like you guys are having a great time walking - I was thinking I wanted to have another baby just to be part of your walking group - and then I read your invite to everyone. :) Thanks! And I LOVE your daughter's name - as I'm sure I've told you before, that would've been my daughter's name if I had one. And she's so cute - it's a perfect match!

Tara said...

I love your blog! I linked it through Amber's. Your daughter is just beautiful, and it was fun reading and seeing what you guys have been up to. We moved to New York from Reno, so we been here for about 8 months now, and we're loving it. Washington sounds beautiful, cold, but beautiful. If you click on our profile you can access our blog info and check it out. Again your blog is great! Take care,
Tara Ferrin

Deborama said...

How fun! I just got caught up again, I gotta get on here more! :) I LOVE the video's of Lauren! My kids made me play it many times! Your walking group is too fun!

Fullmer Family said...

I'll join your walking group!! :) After you join mine - but mine's pretty full at the moment, there is Me, of course, CJ, and ummm, oh yea, Maverick - but I'm sure we can squeeze you in!! What a fun time, wish I could come along. I can't wait until CJ can walk on his own on our walks, it will be so fun for him, and so fun for us to watch. :)