Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Tree Ornaments

When I was younger, my Grandma Zurcher made each of us grandchildren Christmas tree ornaments. I can remember how excited I was to finally get all of them out of the box to decorate our tree. This tennis player is one of the ornaments that she made for me. Right before Lauren was born, I happened to come across some ornament kits. I was so excited to continue the tradition that my grandma had started. I have now made Lauren one each year that she has been born. On the back of each ornament I stitch in her initials and the year, just like my grandma had done. They are far from perfect, but I hope Lauren enjoys them as much as I did, and do even now.
These are the ornaments I have made for Lauren thus far.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Catherine - where have you found the kits. I want to start??? Let me know please - love you. Anne

Joe and Liz said...

You are talented!! What a fun tradition.

Lauren said...

Those look great!
I haven't found any more at Wal-Mart so I get my newest ones at bucilla.com! Hope that helps Anne.

MOLLY said...

ooh yeah that is one of my favorite christmas traditions too! looking at those ornaments she made and i want to make em for sailor. im so glad you said something about it or i never would have thought of making them myself! ps how did she find the time to make them for all of us?! she was such a sweet grandma.

jeanne said...

Love your collection! Little did
Grandma know that her handiwork
would go on and on. . . Love, Mom

MOLLY said...

k, so the only kit that joanns had was a patriotic one so i decided to make my own up. i will post it so you can see. i made it easy on myself and bought some already made embellishments to put on it.

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

So Cute Nick loves his ornaments too. Molly just made Sailor one and I may give it a try too. Do you know where to find patterns?

Diana said...

Hey Catherine- Those are so cute! You'll have to share your tricks! My kids would love those! Such a cute, cute idea!! You are sooo talented!! .. in more ways than 3-queen!! :)

Sheri said...

Catherine! Those are so amazing! You are talented!