Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Boise Zoo

Lauren and I spent a week in Boise for Thanksgiving. One of the things we got to do before Jason came down was go to the zoo with Aunt Brenda and some of her friends. I can't say when the last time was that I went to the zoo or how many zoos I've been to. I can't recall if I've ever seen a real lion and giraffe until now. Most likely I have, but Lauren hadn't. So here are a few pictures from our day at the zoo.The lion and giraffe are new to the Boise Zoo. As we were walking around, we heard this really loud noise coming from one of the animals. We weren't even sure what it was, until we got to the lion's cage. I guess that shows you how many times we've heard a real lion roar.


I think the two things that Lauren will remember the most from our trip to the zoo was the lion because she likes lions, and the monkeys because of the smell. The monkeys were inside, so you can only imagine the smell and how stuffy it was. When we went in, Lauren instantly put her hand to her nose and said, "Stinky!" She quickly turned around and headed straight for the door. She is hilarious!
Here's Lauren and Aunt Brenda in a tunnel. Here's my chance to brag about Brenda too. She is amazing! Brenda has lost just over 100 lbs. She has always been beautiful, but look at her now...she is gorgeous! She is an inspiration to me and Jason!! Thanks for inviting Lauren and me to the zoo, Brenda. We had so much fun!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I don't like the stinky monkies either! Lauren looks like a babe in her sunglasses. And congrats to Aunt B! I wanna loose 20lbs and I'm suffering!!! Oh and post some pics of the ornaments you've made for Lauren.

Aunt B said...

Thanks for the fun time at the zoo. I always love to spend time with you and Lauren. Thanks for the good chats also. You guys are the best! Hugs and kisses for Lauren. See you at Christmas!

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Lauren you look great in the shades! We miss you all and spent Thanksgiving at Disneyworld and got to go see animals too at Animal Kingdom. Fun, fun fun!

Jodi said...

Love the pictures - the lion looks cool!