Monday, February 02, 2009

Sweetheart

Here are some pictures of what we have been up to as of late. Lauren and her buddy Aidan enjoy spending time together, as do their two mothers. There are times when both Lauren and Aidan become very protective of their toys. It usually ends up being a tug-of-war. Then, there are moments of laughter.
We've had a few good days here and there when the temperature makes it to 50 degrees. Lauren and I take advantage of it by going out in our backyard to play on the swing set. Lauren's all time favorite thing to do is swing. I get so tired of standing out there pushing, that my lazy inclination is to take out a chair to sit on while I push her. I know, how pathetic. Now we're both content.


I've decided that I need to be better at writing things down that Lauren does and says. I used to be someone that wrote in my journal everyday throughout high school and college. When I got married I kind of stopped. I probably write in my journal four times a year. I've noticed that my memory is suffering because of this, so I need to get back in the habit.
One thing I want to remember happened the other day. It was soooo cute!! Lauren's new thing is to run back to our bed, climb up it, and get under the covers. She pretends to be scared and usually Jason and I have to go back with her because she insists on it. The other day Lauren and I were under the covers. She put her arms around my head and called me a sweetheart. I started laughing really hard because she has never done that before. My laughing made her laugh, so we were giggling together. It was a moment I don't want to forget. I love the sound of her laugh. Her laughter erases every whine or cry throughout the day. I love love love her!

6 comments:

jeanne said...

Our little pig-tailed darling! What a "sweetheart!" So fun to see the "sweet" faces. Makes me soooo homesick to see my babies. Love, Jeanne

akidd said...

Too precious! I see that she finally grew into that cute pink hat. It makes me a little sad to see her growing up!

Lauren said...

OH! That is so precious!!
Allie calls me honey sometimes. I think she copies what I say to Dustin! Silly kids!

Julie said...

I hope I get to meet that cute little girl someday. I love it when they say things spontaneously like that!

Deborama said...

I LOVE your jibjab video! I didn't know you guys were such fabulous dancers! Happy Anniversary! Your husband picked on my wedding pics! Too bad yours aren't outdated yet, in a few years I want to see them and laugh at you! :) I love how you say the sweet stuff makes up for all the whining! :)

Diana said...

Looks like so much fun! They definitely change everything! You inspire me to keep a journal. You coming down this way ever?

WISH I COULD DANCE LIKE YOU!!!!!