Sunday, June 15, 2008

Road Trip

Yesterday was a fun day for Jason, Lauren, and I.
Our plans started out as just a trip to return our ripped tent to Cabella's in Post Falls, Idaho, but, turned into a sightseeing adventure. We made a loop through Coeur D'Alene, Moscow, Pullman, Washtucna, Kahlotus, and back down 395 to Pasco. We covered 400 miles of beautiful mountains and rolling hills. I had only been to Coeur D'Alene before, so it was a great trip. I love traveling and seeing new places. Because Jason travels to all these places every month, it wasn't anything new to him, but it's the company that counts!
By the end, we were all ready to get out of the car. However, we made a few great stops along the way.

Our first stop was in Coeur D'Alene. We parked at North Idaho College, a place that is quite familiar to me from my basketball playing days at the College of Eastern Utah. Actually, the gym was the only building that looked familiar. The college is right by the lake, so we walked down to the beach. We watched a pontoon plane land right in front of us on the lake. We loved that!
Our next stop was in Moscow. We went to the University of Idaho and parked at the Kibbie Dome, so we could run around on the turf field. We had the field all to ourselves--not another person to be seen anywhere. Just the way it should be sometimes! Lauren loved it, as did we. We ran up and down and all over the field. I wish the day would have lasted forever with the three of us together. Now another week is before us, but I am so glad that there will be more times like this ahead.

A side note: Jason and I love going to different universities. Most universities have interesting buildings and beautiful landscapes. One of my favorites so far is the University of Oregon in Eugene. We happened to go through there during Spring when everything was in bloom and greening up. It was incredible. Knowing this, now you know why we went to NIC and U of I. Next time we'll have to go through WSU in Pullman.

11 comments:

Jan said...

I LOVE ROAD TRIPS TOO...

And that sounds like a perfect one for sure. I love the shot of Lauren and you by the lake. Darling and the one with her rushing through the goal line. Perfect.

I use to go to Moscow quite a bit for awhile. I dated a football player that was going there. In fact, he has a picture mural of him and a building somewhere in that town. It was a lot of fun.

Love that you saw some sites and that it is so motivating when you can be with the ones you love, you have no real plans to hurry about, and you get to experience things that you enjoy. Yippee for road trips.

What does a bee say? Airplane? BUZZZZZZZZZZ...

Attitude of Gratitude said...

Looks like you had so much fun. Those days make all the other ones worthwhile. You have such an adorable family.

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love all the pictures Catherine. Your family is so great at exploring the great state of Washington. We've lived here for years and haven't seen half the places you've been.

Road trips are great!!

Julie said...

Ahhh, road trips! Good memories, except for my car breaking down 5 times on the way home from Alaska! Thanks for coming with me! That plane landing on the water is such a cool picture! What a fun family you have!

jeanne said...

Loved the road trip and the campout...the pics and narration. Isn't it funny that years after our trips, we mostly remember the experiences where things don't always go the way we want them to. We can look back on incidents and laugh at what we once thought were calamities! Cute white shorts little Lauren...you're growing up too fast! Love

Deborama said...

Fun trip! I LOVE driving around for no reason, you always have more fun than when your in a hurry to get somewhere! ;) All my driving days are over with my disel gas being $4.96 :(

Lauren said...

Lauren is going to love those pictures some day!! Your little athlete right?! And the beach looked so beautiful, I bet the picture doesn't do it justice!

Tara said...

You live in such a beautiful place, Wow!
Of course you can link our sight onto yours, we'll do the same.
Great to be able to keep in touch.
Tara

Fullmer Family said...

That sounds fun dork!! I miss our road trips together, especially you driving Rusty into the snow drift!! :) Or, driving (What was Kellie's truck's name? - Black Thunder?) - anything driving that truck into and off the road on the way to the mission home! :) Good times. It looks like you guys had a great time. The next University you should visit is the UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA ANCHORAGE! :) North Idaho was always psycho when we were there! Pretty, but PSYCHO! ;)

Elizabeth said...

From the picts. it looks like lots of fun. We are going on a road trip on July 2nd and coming back the 8th which means I will be gone for my b-day. :( and :) because we get to go to this cool watter park called 7 peeks in utah. we have a giveaway on our blog. Come and check it out .
blog4ever!

Jodi said...

Great pictures! Oh, to be that "free" again... I love road trips! :)